AU where the Potters live and James and Sirius make a fake birth certificate that says “Elvendork James Potter”, leave it casually (but strategically) lying somewhere fourteen-year-old Harry would find it, revel in the ensuing chaos as Harry tries to come to terms with the fact that ‘Harry’ might just have been a nickname all these years, and high-five at their excellent mischief over butterbeers.
That is, until Lily finds out.
I live for a damaged, 16 year old Sirius Black, towering over Mrs Potter, a little nervous around her at first but, when he finds how kind she is to him, loving her like a mother.
- Mrs Potter not being able to keep a straight face when telling Sirius off because he is such a DOOF, and also because he has mastered the ‘puppy dog face’.
- Sirius having to bend to hug her.
- Sirius feeling so protective of this little old lady who has decided to take him in her care.
- Sirius hanging around in the kitchen when she’s cooking, wanting to help.
- Mrs Potter surprised to see he’s actually good at it, and soon he’s wearing an apron and making cauldron cakes while talking to her about girls and life and how NOTHING works on James’s hair, does it?
- James joins them one day but ends up setting things on fire, and Sirius is so exasperated, Mrs Potter can’t help but laugh at the look on his face.
- Sirius and Mrs Potter teasing James about Lily until his face is flaming red.
- Sirius bending down for her to kiss him on the cheek, like she does with James, when she drops them off at Kings Cross.
- Sirius writing her letters from Hogwarts, describing the latest thrilling quidditch match in great detail.
- Sirius and James receiving parcels full of sweets by owl post.
- Sirius feeling completely overwhelmed by this, because it’s like he finally has a mother, and no one from his family had ever sent him anything nice ever.
- When James starts dating Lily, Sirius writes sorrowful letters to Mrs Potter complaining about how James hardly EVER spends time with him anymore and he’s happy for him and everything but he feels so IGNORED.
- Mrs Potter reading these in great amusement.
- Sirius being an obstinate little shit, not listening to anyone and generally living by his own rules EXCEPT when its Mrs Potter telling him what to do.
- Then he does it quietly and obediently.
Just. SIRIUS BLACK AND MRS POTTER.
A hundred thousand witches and wizards were taking their places in the seats, which rose in levels around the long oval field. Everything was suffused with a mysterious golden light, which seemed to come from the stadium itself. The field looked smooth as velvet from their lofty position. At either end of the field stood three goal hoops, fifty feet high; right opposite them, almost at Harry’s eye level, was a gigantic blackboard. Gold writing kept dashing across it as though an invisible giant’s hand were scrawling upon the blackboard and then wiping it off again; watching it, Harry saw that it was flashing advertisements across the field. Goblet of Fire, page 96
YES YES YESSSSSSS, this is what it should look like, just exactly. Enough to make your heart catch in your chest.
i have a crush on a real actual boy not a fictional one what do i do help
Remus Arthur Potter, you were named after two men who looked out for my safety and cared about my well-being out of altruism and decency rather than because I was a tool for them to use or because I was someone’s son.
In the old days he had huge numbers at his command; witches and wizards he’d bullied or bewitched into following him, his faithful Death Eaters, a great variety of Dark creatures.
Prompt: ‘I need bailing out and I called the wrong number’ au prompt from struttinglikeapotter’s post here
my first real AU :)
“I should be asleep right now,” Lily repeated for the sixteenth time to Marlene, who had long since ignored these particular words when strung together by her friend. They lied sprawled out along the large sofa in their flat, Marlene mindlessly clicking through the late-night infomercials. Feet away in the kitchen, their other flat-mate Mary was slamming cabinets open in search of her favorite late-night snack.
“It is half past one in the morning,” Lily informed them. “I should be sleeping. We all should be sleeping! I—“
Her mobile, which rested precariously upon her overlarge tee shirt, started buzzing, illuminating her features in the darkened room, and successfully silencing her complaints.
“Who the hell is calling at this hour?”
“I don’t recognize the number—“
“Don’t answer, Lil—“
“PADFOOT! PADFOOT YOU BASTARD!” an irate voice came through the line, causing Lily to pull the phone inches from her ear. Marlene clicked on the lamp nearest her as she sat up straighter.
“Err—hello? What’s Padfoot—“
“THEY’VE LOCKED ME UP, YOU PRAT. THIS IS NOT FUNNY.”
Victoire and Teddy
I coloured burdge-bug’s drawing of them during the height of the flooding last night, and finished it today. Somehow it kept me calm.
A woman can fight just the same as a man can fight, a woman can do magic just as powerfully as a man can do magic and I consider that I’ve written a lot of well-rounded female characters in these books. - JK Rowling
I gave up on homework to do fic things. I also obviously don’t need sleep.
nai she didn’t day 1
word count: 2 264
When he was a year old James Potter got his first broom for Christmas. It was a small training broom, hovering two feet off the floor and moved at a snail’s pace but young James cherished it like no other. Every day he would insist on riding it for hours at a time and never went to sleep unless it was lying beside him in his cot. He named it ‘Ba,’ and clutched it tightly in his chubby fists whilst slobbering all over it, carrying it wherever he went.
When he was four years old, his mum and dad brought him a new toy broomstick as the old one was losing twigs and now only managed to roll over feebly before hovering an inch or so before dropping down again, much less able to fly. The evening he got it, he immediately sped out into the orchard and kicked off, this time hovering at a maximum of ten feet and moving at a sloth’s pace instead. He rode it for the entire evening and when night fell, his mum found him curled up with it under the apple tree, deep asleep. This one did not have a name but it did become an almost extension of his already long and scrawny arms. Wherever James was, you can be sure that the broomstick was almost always there too. Unless it was in the bath. His mum drew the line after she found him in the tub, surrounded by bubbles and hovering on the broomstick.
When he was nine, he received his first real racing broom. A Comet 360, one of the best back then, having only just beaten out the Nimbus 500 by a slight margin. According to his quidditch magazines (which he was of course reading religiously by that time), the Comet 360 was only available for quidditch teams across the country and not yet ready for mass production, so when he ripped over the wrapping that morning (on his birthday no less) he more or less flung himself at his parents, giving them each a quick hug and peck on the cheek before tripping over his own feet in his haste to get outside. He spent the entire day flying and then spent the entire night moaning in pain as he managed to slip off during one of his dives and break his hand.
When he was ten and finally perfected the sloth grip for the first time after seeing it in a quidditch match, James decided that he wanted to try this quidditch thing for real, and not the mock games that his dad refereed between him and House Elves.